I LOVE to cook and try out new recipes. Having a few staple recipes for the various holidays works, but who wants to make the same thing every year?
5 New Recipes I tested out this holiday season:
- Edamole (edamame and avocado dip)- yummy and healthy!
- Emeril's Prosciutto and Melon Salad with Balsamic Reduction - super easy to make
- Paula Dean's Blue Potatoes Au gratin - love the unique blue color and nutty taste of the blue potatoes, but without a mandolin my potatoes weren't cut evenly enough and didn't cook through all the way
- Martha Stewart's Classic Apple Pie - simple and delicious
- Gingerbread House from scratch - I didn't realize the 9 cups of flour until it was too late *learned a lesson there! My kitchen aid mixer couldn't handle the amount of dough or it's density, had to hand knead the last bit in- BIG PAIN. Do you have a good Gingerbread house recipe for me to try next??
Have a favorite new or old recipe you're excited about?? Are people always asking you for your recipe?
Give us the dish: family recipe? where did you get this recipe? how many times have you made it? any modifications or suggestions to the ingredients or instructions? Post your favs in the comments- thanks for sharing!